Dee presented this recipe on television once, here’s the link to check that out.
Healthy Tortilla Soup
It’s yummy and filling! Serve with a nice colorful salad. Garlic, cumin, and cilantro are metabolism boosting herbs and spices! Add them to your food as much as possible!
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth or fat-free chicken broth
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 can 4-ounce chopped green chilies
- 1 ripe avocado diced and divided into three portions
- 3 servings baked tortilla chips about 1-ounce each
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1- ounce shredded jack cheese optional
- Cut up chicken into small chunks and place in a skillet with a small amount of the broth and the garlic. Add the chili powder and cumin and cook until the chicken is done.
- Heat the rest of the broth in a large saucepan, and add the tomatoes and lime juice.
- When the broth boils, lower heat. Add the chicken mixture and chilies and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Spoon into bowls. To each bowl add tortilla chips, avocado, cheese, and cilantro. Serve hot.