This meatless main is extremely versatile—serve it in tacos or an omelette, atop crisp butter lettuce, on nachos... This is a recipe from Trader Joe's that is Dee approved!
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite TJ's Olive Oil divided
- 1/2 TJ's Jumbo Yellow Onion diced and divided
- 2 cans TJ's Green Jackfruit in Brine drained and deseeded
- 2 teaspoons TJ's Cumin
- 2 teaspoons TJ's Nutritional Yeast
- 2 teaspoons TJ's Organic Oregano
- 2 teaspoons TJ's Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon TJ's Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon TJ's Salt
- 3 tablespoons TJ's Organic Coconut Aminos
- 2 teaspoons TJ's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Juice of 1 TJ's Orange
- Juice of 1 TJ's Lime
Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the diced onion to pan and sauté until translucent, 3-5 minutes. Meanwhile, roughly chop jackfruit. Add jackfruit to pan and sauté another 5 minutes.
Add cumin, nutritional yeast, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper to pan, stirring to coat jackfruit. Sauté 3 minutes. Add coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar and orange juice to pan and sauté an additional 5 minutes, breaking jackfruit down into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon. Add remaining tablespoon olive oil and stir to coat. Let cool slightly.
Garnish cooked jackfruit with remaining diced onion and lime juice. Enjoy!