Dee's Organic Pumpkin Pie
This is the most wholesome pie you’ve ever tasted. Your guests will never know it’s organic and healthy! I use frozen whole-wheat pie crusts that you bake yourself, but you can make your own crust.
- 1 can 15 ounce organic canned pumpkin or 2 cups cooked organic pumpkin
- 2 large organic eggs
- ¾ cup coconut milk use regular coconut milk, not the lite variety
- ¾ cup organic whole cane sugar unrefined and unbleached OR Sucanat
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish whole-wheat pie crust purchase frozen pie crust or make your own
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt in a small bowl. In a separate large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in the pumpkin and then add in the sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in the coconut milk and mix until well blended.
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell. Bake in the preheated oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 40 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours. Immediately serve or refrigerate.