Avocado Black Bean Veggie Wrap
Dee's famous wrap that she would demonstrate at many Sprouts and Whole Foods stores.
Prep Time 15 minutes
- 1.5 cups black beans (about one 15-ounce can), drained and rinsed
- 1 large ripe avocado
- .5 cup queso fresco cheese, crumbled (or other favorite cheese)
- 2 tbsp minced red onions
- 4 Whole Grain Flour Tortillas
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- .25 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup mixed baby greens or alfalfa sprouts
- .5 cup cucumber cut into small cubes
- ,5 cup fresh salsa
Mash the beans and avocado in a bowl with a potato masher or a fork. Add in the crumbled queso fresco or other cheese and minced onion, and then stir to mix.
Warm tortillas by placing on a hot griddle, skillet, or comal over medium high heat. Heat on one side for 30 to 60 seconds or until the tortilla starts to puff up. Flip the tortilla and heat on the other side for about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and place on a plate.
To assemble the wraps, spread about 1/2 cup of the avocado-bean mixture onto one of the tortillas and top with ¼ of the other ingredients. Roll up and then cut the wraps in half to serve. Repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients.